A LOOK INSIDE THE ALL-INCLUSIVE ALTERNATIVE GUITAR SUMMIT
CHECK IN: Monday, June 11th @ 3:00pm | CHECK OUT: Friday, June 15th @ 11:00am
Primarily a camp for improvisers, especially in the jazz realm, but all teachers are truly great rock and blues musicians as well, so you should not feel bashful about signing up if you don't know a lot about jazz.
You'll get to perform with the teachers and who will make the classes elastic enough to suit all needs and levels. Novice to advanced welcome, no beginners please.
This year the legendary Creative Music Studio, founded by Karl Berger in the 80's, will be on campus with us. We're working on ways that the two camps can interact, which will create spectacular opportunities for all.
- Rhythm boot camp- developing your inner groove no matter the time cycle
- Finding your own sound in any style
- Free improv
- The art of accompaniment
- Ways to approach jazz tunes
- The new landscape of electronic effects
- Playing a great solo
- Jazz fundamentals: theory and practice ideas
- Funk guitar
- Business boot camp- how to make a living
- Incorporating music from India and Africa into your playing
- Jazz Rock Approaches
- Playing slide guitar in rock and jazz contexts